Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Building The Room

So the Mursery (or Nursic room… still deciding) is slowly coming together. We’re calling it that because after KOSY let me go, we weren’t able to buy the house we wanted and our little girl will be forced to share with the piano and my music room. There are worse set-ups. Besides, every little kid should have to share a room at some point, right? Builds character! My older sis tells me I might really like the piano in there during meltdowns.

Mark worked hard all weekend putting the crib and changing table together. Of course we bought the one crib that didn’t come with its wheels. When I was choosing a crib, that was the ONE feature I really wanted – wheels. Sis said she loved that she could just pull her crib away from the wall easily to change sheets and pick up fallen toys. Brilliant assessment, I thought. Mine didn’t have its wheels. So, they’re on order. The rest of the crib is finished.

As is the changing table – which was as easier task to put together. My job was basically to keep Mark company. I didn’t want to get in the way and frankly, I don’t think he wanted me involved too much… I tend to not pay as close attention to things as furniture building requires. So, I made a treat and Ging and I kept him company.

Now, we’re just moving in. I’ve assessed the items we have versus those we need and I’ll spend this week trying to even that out. I’ve washed and put the sheets on the bed – we’re doing an ocean/beach theme… I guess. I don’t know. I’m not much of a decorator so it’s been a challenge. My two older sisters have such cute nurseries. I’ve already apologized to my little girl that her room won’t be as cute as her cousins. More than that, I’ve apologized that she may inherit my decorating skills (or lack thereof.)

I’ll keep posting pictures as the mursery develops. Keep checking back!

As always, I’d love your thoughts:
Showtune.erica@Hotmail.com

2 comments:

The Dean's said...

I love the musery! I can't wait to see it. I am SOOOO excited for yoU!!!!!!

Margie said...

Look like Miss Ginger is trying to do her part too!!

Love always...